Woodland Winter Getaway
Woodland Winter Getaway
(December 15 – March 14)
There’s no place quite like the Land of Waterfalls in the winter. The pace is slower. The crowds are fewer. The spectacular mountain views from our many trails are clear and unobstructed. Prices for comfortable, cozy accommodations are the lowest of the year. And after an invigorating hike or bike ride, there are plenty of places to warm up by a toasty fire. In short, Brevard and Transylvania County make for the perfect Woodland Winter Getaway.
You’ll find lots of details below to help create a memorable getaway for you, your friends and your family, including outdoor hiking tips, special events and activities. And don’t forget to sign up for our Woodland Winter Getaway Giveaway (say that five times quickly!).
Snuggle up with great deals
There’s no doubt about it. Our local innkeepers offer tremendous deals on winter overnight accommodations, welcoming visitors with a twinkle in their eyes and the kind of cozy, inviting surroundings that make a winter stay in Transylvania County so wonderful.
Want to start planning your Woodland Winter Getaway? Check out our accommodations here.
Making the Most of Winter
Winter Events & Activities
Maybe you’d like to learn pottery. Or tie a fly. Or build your own fly rod. Or attend a stimulating lecture. Winter in Transylvania County offers all of these possibilities. Davidson River Outfitters, Headwaters Outfitters, TC Arts Council, Transylvania County Library and many other businesses and organizations offer a bonanza of learning opportunities. Check out our Calendar of Events for ideas and details.
Dec 21: Brevard’s Holiday Gallery Walk
Jan 3-Feb 28 (select dates): Pottery Open Studio Evenings
Jan 4: Fly Rod Building Class
Jan 5: WNC Wildlife Day
Jan 6: Pisgah Film Project: Liyana
Jan 7, 14, 21: Fly Tying 102
Jan 22- Feb 28 (select dates): Introduction to Wheel Throwing
Mar 2-4: Pisgah 36 Hour MTB Race
Mar 9: Oskar Blues Brewery 4 Mile
Mar 16, 17, 18: Banff Film Festival
Mar 17: Asheville Half Marathon
Mar 17: Transylvania Adventure Games
For a complete list of winter activities and events, go to our Events Calendar.
ENTER TO WIN THE FOLLOWING PACKAGE PLUS A $500 GIFT CARD.
One Grand Prize Winner will win:
2 Nights Stay at The Greystone Inn
Headwaters Outfitters Excursion
1 Lunch for Two
Dinner for Two
Dinner for Two
Woodland Winter Getaway Giveaway at ExploreBrevard.com/wintergetaway
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. One prize per household. Vacation package is subject to availability at the time of reservation. Some blackout dates may apply. Must be redeemed by March 31, 2020. Woodland Winter Getaway Giveaway (the Giveaway) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on or about Dec 20, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on March 14, 2019.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents living in the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Employees, officers and directors of the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority (Transylvania Tourism), participating giveaway partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. By entering the Giveaway, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority (Transylvania Tourism) and its participating giveaway partners, respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages which may arise out of participation in the Giveaway or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all aspects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Woodland Winter Getaway Giveaway at ExploreBrevard.com/wintergetaway is a randomized drawing. Participants may enter only once per household over the course of the Giveaway. To enter, you must complete the entry form with your first and last name, complete address, city, state, ZIP code and your email address. After entering correct information in all the fields online and clicking on the Submit button, you will immediately be entered in a database for a random drawing to win the Grand Prize offered in the Giveaway. Handwritten entries will be manually entered into the database before the drawing is held. Entries will be deemed made by authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the potentially winning entry is an Internet or other computer entry, the potential winner must provide the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry.
4. GIVEAWAY INCLUDES:
2 Nights Accommodations at The Greystone Inn
Outdoor Excursion with Headwaters Outfitters
1 Dinner for Two at KTCHN
1 Dinner for Two at The Blind Mule
1 Lunch for Two at Rocky’s Grill and Soda Shop
$500 Gift Card
Blackout dates may apply.
5. GIVEAWAY DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winner will be selected from Random.org in a randomized drawing from all eligible entries received from the Internet portion of the Giveaway and the alternative means of entry. The Giveaway Grand Prize drawing will be held on or about March 31st. Contest sponsors reserve the right to substitute any non-cash prize with a prize of equal or less value for prizes that become unavailable. Potential winner will be notified by telephone (if phone number is provided) and by email. Winner must reply BY TELEPHONE within 10 days of the initial contact from the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority in order for documentation to proceed. Winner of grand prize must sign, notarize and return Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability document within 10 days of receipt, prior to issuance of prize vouchers. Non-compliance or, if a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim prize, or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavits and Releases, as required, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected.
6. DISQUALIFICATION: Contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer, telephone transmissions, technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Giveaway, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, contest sponsors reserve the right to terminate player’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. In the event any portion of this Giveaway is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of contest sponsors which, in the sole opinion of the contest sponsors, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Giveaway, contest sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Internet portion of the Giveaway, but may continue with the free, alternate means of entry portion. Contest sponsors are not responsible for any problem with the Giveaway entry generated by computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure. Contest sponsor’s sole responsibility for any irregular Giveaway entry is replacement with another entry. If a potential winning entry is made by Internet or other computer entry, that potential winner may be required to provide the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the electronic mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
7. TAX INFORMATION: All taxes and fees on prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority, 175 East Main Street, Brevard, NC 28712