Winter Wonderland in Brevard
There’s no better way to ring out the old and in the new than to visit Brevard’s winter wonderland. It’s the perfect place to rejoice, rejuvenate and renew. You can discover our great outdoors, enjoy an evening by the fire, and tuck into one of our cozy accommodations. So, what are you waiting for? Find your new beginning in Brevard this year.
If you’re looking to stretch your legs on a great winter hike with fantastic waterfalls and/or great winter views, try out Triple Falls trail in DuPont State Recreational Forest, Looking Glass Rock trail in Pisgah, or Rainbow Falls in Gorges State Park. The free AllTrails app is a great way to find the trailheads and it provides all the trail particulars. Sunrises and sunsets are especially beautiful in the winter along the Blue Ridge Parkway, including Devil’s Courthouse with its sweeping 360-degree panoramic view. Be sure to check the road conditions on the parkway before going.
Find our winter weather checklist here.
Warm blankets, hot toddies, and cozy cabins can only mean one thing — romance is in the air. There’s no place better to snuggle up with your main squeeze than in Brevard. Enjoy a romantic overnight visit with spa experience at The Greystone Inn or get pampered with a relaxing day spa visit at Elements near downtown Brevard. If you want to get cozy, sit by the fire at The Greystone Inn, Villa Amato, Cedar Mountain Canteen, 185 King Street, or Grand Olde Station.
Snuggle up here.
Our five, award-winning breweries are second to none, so be sure to try one of our local stouts, ales, porters, pilsners or IPA’s. Depending on the night, many of our local taprooms offer the perfect trifecta of brews, food and live music. Hot tip: Oskar Blues Brewery in Pisgah Forest and Noblebräu Brewing inside of 185 King Street are sizzling spots for live music.
Tap into something frosty here.
Let the Creative Spirit Move You
Brevard has loads of creative options where you can get in touch with your inner artist and take a class. A great place to start is ArtLab, which offers day and evening classes in varied media. UpCountry Brewery offers paint and sips on Mondays. Take a drive out US 276 toward Cedar Mountain and discover a host of gallery and studio options where you can get crafty with our local artisans. If you’re more of an art admirer, take a stroll through downtown where you find an array of outstanding galleries and studios, not to mention Brevard’s remarkable downtown Sculpture Walk.
A Long Winter’s Nap
Our handy accommodations finder will help you locate the perfect spot to hang your hat – or wool stocking cap. Whether you’re looking for a romantic B&B, a rustic cabin in the woods, or a resort with an onsite spa, we’ve got you covered. Best of all, our accommodations partners offer enticing lodging specials throughout the season that make it even easier to experience an unforgettable winter getaway.
- December 31: New Year’s Eve Hootenanny at Oskar Blues
- December 31: Sparkle On with the Empire Strikes Brass at 185 King
- January 4: Mountain Music Jam Session at Brevard Music Center
- January 5-27: “Inspired by a Song,” open art exhibit with Transylvania County Arts Council
- January 30-Febuary 4: Can’d Aid and Steep Canyon Rangers Winter Camp at Oskar Blues
- Febuary 2: White Squirrel Day
- Febuary 14: Valentine Romance with Halie Loren at Parker Concert Hall, Brevard Music Center
- Febuary 19: Pisgah Area Women’s Fly-Fishing Tying Night at Davidson River Outdoors
- Febuary 29: Israeli Chamber Project at Parker Concert Hall
- March 12: St. Patrick’s Day with the Derina Harvey Band at Parker Concert Hall, Brevard Music
- March 15-17: BANFF Film Festival
- March 17: “Splendid Strings” with the Brevard Philharmonic
- March 28: Chad Lawson in Concert at Parker Concert Hall
- Monday: Paint and Sips at UpCountry Brewing
- Monday: Mountain Music Monday Jam at Oskar Blues
- Tuesday: Fly Tying Nights with Headwaters Outfitters at Brevard Brewing Company
- Wednesday: Game Night at Cup and Saucer
- Wednesday: Trivia & Karaoke at 185 King Street
For a complete listing of all there is to see and experience in Brevard and Transylvania County during winter, visit our calendar here.