White (Squirrel) Christmas
(Nov. 3 – Jan. 1)
You don’t have to win our holiday giveaway (see entry form at bottom of page) to enjoy all that Brevard and the Land of Waterfalls have to offer.
In fact, there is no better place to get into the Christmas spirit than our warm and welcoming mountain home. Here’s your chance to leave behind the mall madness, the harried shoppers and the clichéd gifts. Instead, we invite you to experience the genuine joys of the season with a homespun holiday starring our version of Santa’s helpers, our locally famous White Squirrels.
Bring the family to cut your own Christmas tree and purchase fragrant, fresh greenery from one of our local farmers.
Stroll down our festive downtown full of unique shops and galleries filled with handmade, one-of-a-kind gifts.
And then ring in 2019 at one of western North Carolina’s most joyous New Year’s celebrations, the 7th Annual Oskar Blues Hootenanny.
Our calendar has details on every holiday event right here.
Make a Night…or Two…of It
Our local innkeepers welcome visitors with a twinkle in their eyes and the kind of cozy, inviting surroundings that will make you want to put up your feet and relax after a full day or night of revelry and merry making.
Find the perfect spot for your long winter’s nap here.
Over the Hills We Go
Early winter is a great time to get out into the woods. And there’s no better place to be outdoors than in Transylvania County. Here, the treetops really do glisten and, whether you’re a hiker, horseman, mountain biker or waterfall hunter, the crisp mountain air makes any kind of outdoor activity just that much more exhilarating.
We’ve got lots of tips about the outdoors in North Carolina’s Land of Waterfalls. Start with our Top 10 Waterfall Tips, Artful Adventures and Epic Singletrack. Go dashing through the snow to here for even more great outdoor ideas.
Key Holiday Events:
- Nov 10 – Dec 22: Aluminum Christmas Tree Museum
- Nov 17-18: International Arts and Crafts Holiday Gift Market
- Nov 18: The Nutcracker
- Nov 23: Brevard’s Thanksgiving Gallery Walk
- Nov 30 – Dec 2: Festival of Trees
- Dec 1: 47th Annual Christmas Parade and Twilight Tour
- Dec 1-2: Brevard Art Festival
- Dec 7: Transylvania Handcrafters Guild Holiday Show
- Dec 7-9: Pottery Holiday Open House
- Dec 8: Brevard College’s A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
- Dec 8: Christmas in the Park
- Dec 13: Vivaldi Gloria: Transylvania Choral Society and Brevard College Chamber Singers
- Dec 21: Brevard’s Holiday Gallery Walk
- Dec 31: Oskar Blues New Year’s Hootenanny
For a complete listing of all there is to see and experience in Brevard during the holidays, visit our calendar here.