Fall in Love with Brevard
Fall in Love with Brevard
(August 12 – September 4)
There’s nothing quite like autumn in Brevard. We have it all: spectacular color, invigorating temperatures, and a kaleidoscope of exciting events and activities.
Our fall season stretches from early October all the way through mid-November. And because Transylvania County possesses a wide variety of elevations (from a low of approximately 2,200 feet in the French Broad River valley to the highest point in the county, Chestnut Bald, at 6,025 feet) you are likely to find “peak” color at some elevation no matter when you visit.
We’ve compiled a few tips to help you create a memorable getaway for you, your friends and your family. We also invite you to browse our entire ExploreBrevard.com website. It was specifically designed to help you find all the information you need to plan an unforgettable vacation.
Finally, don’t forget to sign up for our Fall In Love With Brevard Giveaway, which includes two nights at the Sunset Motel, dinner for two at Magpie Meat and Three, dinner for two at Dugan’s Pub, specialty Ice Cream Sundaes at Rocky’s Soda Shop, a tour from Pisgah Field School and a $250 Visa Gift Card from ExploreBrevard.com. What’s not to love?
Tip #1: Make your reservations now
There’s no doubt about it. Autumn is one of our most popular times of year, so it’s wise to make your reservations for hotel accommodations as soon as possible. Since we’re located in the heart of the mountains, Brevard and Transylvania County make the perfect base camp to explore nature’s most colorful seasonal spectacle.
Check out our friendly and inviting accommodations hosts here.
Tip #2: Make the Most of Fall
Checking out nature’s color extravaganza is one of the most popular things to do here in October and early November. But you’ll also find lots of other stimulating activities, from mountain biking to hiking to waterfall hunting. And don’t forget to check out Transylvania County’s many colorful and inviting communities where you can shop, dine and be entertained – including downtown Brevard, Pisgah Forest, Historic Toxaway, Cedar Mountain, and Rosman. Discover all the ways to make the most of an autumn getaway at ExploreBrevard.com
- Oct 1: Visitors Day – Southern Highland Reserve
- Oct 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31, Nov 1: Waterfalls and Wine
- Oct 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 27, 28: Colors of Fall Guided Paddle
- October 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 and 26: Pumpkin Fest
- Oct 12: 6th Annual White Squirrel Cycling Classic
- Oct 19: Art in the Park
- Oct 26: Flight of the Vampire 5K and Fun Run
- Oct 26: Halloweenfest 2019
- Nov 2: 7th Annual Couch Potato Mt. Bike Race
- Nov 3: 21st Annual Sycamore Cylcles SWANK 65 Mt. Bike Race
For a complete list of fall activities and events, go to our Events Calendar.
ENTER TODAY. YOU COULD WIN:
- Two nights at the Sunset Motel (blackout dates: major US holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas, 12/31, 4/3-4/4, 9/4-9/5, weekends in July and October)
- Dinner for two at Magpie Meat and Three
- Dinner for two at Dugan’s Pub
- Specialty Ice Cream Sundaes at Rocky’s Soda Shop
- Waterfalls & Wine Tour for 2 from Pisgah Field School
- $250 Visa Gift Card from ExploreBrevard.com
- Welcome SWAG Bag
* Entrant info will be shared with our lodging partner only
Fall in Love with Brevard Giveaway at ExploreBrevard.com/fall-in-love-with-brevard
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. One prize per household. Vacation package is subject to availability at the time of reservation. Some blackout dates may apply. Must be redeemed by September 6, 2020. Fall in Love with Brevard Giveaway (the Giveaway) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on or about August 12 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on September 4, 2019.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents living in the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Employees, officers and directors of the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority (Transylvania Tourism), participating giveaway partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. By entering the Giveaway, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless, the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority (Transylvania Tourism) and its participating giveaway partners, respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages which may arise out of participation in the Giveaway or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all aspects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Fall in Love with Brevard Giveaway at ExploreBrevard.com/fall-in-love-with-brevard is a randomized drawing. Participants may enter only once per household over the course of the Giveaway. To enter, you must complete the entry form with your first and last name, complete address, city, state, ZIP code and your email address. After entering correct information in all the fields online and clicking on the Submit button, you will immediately be entered in a database for a random drawing to win the Grand Prize offered in the Giveaway. Handwritten entries will be manually entered into the database before the drawing is held. Entries will be deemed made by authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the potentially winning entry is an Internet or other computer entry, the potential winner must provide the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry.
4. GIVEAWAY INCLUDES:
Two nights at the Sunset Motel (blackout dates: major US holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas, 12/31, 4/3-4/4, 9/4-9/5, weekends in July and October)
Dinner for two at Magpie Meat and Three
Dinner for two at Dugan’s Pub
Specialty Ice Cream Sundaes at Rocky’s Soda Shop
Waterfalls & Wine Tour for 2 from Pisgah Field School
$250 Visa Gift Card from ExploreBrevard.com
Welcome SWAG Bag
Blackout dates may apply.
5. GIVEAWAY DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winner will be selected from Random.org in a randomized drawing from all eligible entries received from the Internet portion of the Giveaway and the alternative means of entry. The Giveaway Grand Prize drawing will be held on or about September 6th. Contest sponsors reserve the right to substitute any non-cash prize with a prize of equal or less value for prizes that become unavailable. Potential winner will be notified by telephone (if phone number is provided) and by email. Winner must reply BY TELEPHONE within 10 days of the initial contact from the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority in order for documentation to proceed. Winner of grand prize must sign, notarize and return Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability document within 10 days of receipt, prior to issuance of prize vouchers. Non-compliance or, if a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim prize, or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavits and Releases, as required, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner will be selected.
6. DISQUALIFICATION: Contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer, telephone transmissions, technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Giveaway, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, contest sponsors reserve the right to terminate player’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. In the event any portion of this Giveaway is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of contest sponsors which, in the sole opinion of the contest sponsors, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Giveaway, contest sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Internet portion of the Giveaway, but may continue with the free, alternate means of entry portion. Contest sponsors are not responsible for any problem with the Giveaway entry generated by computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure. Contest sponsor’s sole responsibility for any irregular Giveaway entry is replacement with another entry. If a potential winning entry is made by Internet or other computer entry, that potential winner may be required to provide the Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the electronic mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
7. TAX INFORMATION: All taxes and fees on prizes won are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Transylvania County Tourism Development Authority, 175 East Main Street, Brevard, NC 28712